Bruce Merrifield, President — Merrifield Consulting
•Amazon Supply •distribution industry trends •LIPA •eCommerce •Bruce Merrifield •Merrifield Consulting
Thursday, March 26, 2020—Amazon Business Effects.
How much are traditional channel players underestimating the innovative ambition and capability of Amazon to directly and indirectly take sales from them?
In this second installment of his eCommerce 2023 series, Bruce Merrifield presents the Amazon Business effects and challenges, including:
1. Many underestimate the net-profitable SKU business AMZ will take or price compromise.
2. Distributor cost-structures can't compete with AMZ on small, spot-buy orders.
3. Refocus, Renew what you do best. Sell what AMZ can't: system replenishment solutions to best accounts.
4. Migrate to Customer-centric, 3PL-type, selling-models.
5. A core-customer renewal is first. Gain courage and cashflow for digital innovation experiments/investment.
Audio file: Bruce_eCommerce_Webinar-2.mp3